Garden Sheds Custom-Designed for Your Backyard and Manufactured From Australian Materials for Australian Conditions…
Okay, you know what a garden shed usually looks like: Walls so flimsy they dent when you touch them, doors you have to fight with every time you want them to open, and a roof that is always way too low.
Wouldn’t you rather something you can actually stand up and walk around in? A shed that won’t leak every time it rains? And a shed that doesn’t just look like a cheap, metal box plonked the corner of your yard?
Now you can have a garden shed that’s functional AND appealing. A shed that looks strong because it is strong. And a garden shed you can be proud of.
To get the garden shed you really want, arrange a Free Design & Quote Session today.
Or for more information get a copy of our Free Shed Design Guide
10 Important Things You Should Know Before You Buy a Garden Shed
- The Perfect Size and Shape: Sure, you can buy a cheap shed from a catalogue or regular online store. And you can try to make everything fit. But this could result in a lifetime of frustration and regret – wishing you had a bit more space, or a different shape.Or you can get a garden shed from Designer Sheds that’s the exact size you want. A little extra height for comfortable headroom and some tall cupboards – no problem. A wider door for easy access – done. How about a second door on the other side for airflow, a higher pitch roof and round gutters to match your house, and a shape that’s long and narrow so it doesn’t eat into your backyard cricket pitch. At Designer Sheds you get the exact size garden shed you want… without the big price tag. See note above.
- Let’s Talk About Features: Partitions, access doors, roller doors, windows, skylights, insulation, ventilation, mezzanines, awnings and more. With most kit sheds these things are simply not available. Or they add thousands to the price — especially if they are non-standard sizes. Yet every one of these handy features (and more) can be affordably incorporated into your Designer Sheds garden shed and customised any way you like. During your Free Design Session, your experienced Shedologist will guide you through the process of designing the exact shed you want.
- Built With the Future In Mind: Although you’re only looking for a garden shed right now and don’t think you need extra storage, what if your needs change. For example, what if you want to store some furniture in the future? Or what if you decide to take up woodworking? Or what if you run across an unmissable deal on a gorgeous 1971 XJ Jag and need somewhere for it to ‘live’ while you restore it?Traditionally, it’s impossible to expand a garden shed. In fact, most kit sheds are designed in such a way that they rely on their walls for strength. So if you did want to add to the length or width, you’d have to replace the whole shed too.However, your Designer Sheds garden shed comes with the same, robust frames throughout for maximum strength and easy, cost-effective expansion in the future. So if you ever run across a deal on your dream classic car, go right ahead – your garden shed can quickly, easily and affordably be expanded into a ‘home’ for your new baby (or a wood workshop or larger storage shed).
- Aussie Materials for Aussie Conditions: Look at the label on most things these days and you’ll see they are made overseas. That goes for garden sheds too. Now I’m not saying imported products are all bad. But when it comes to sheds, there are some serious things to consider. For example, while some imported steel appears to be cheaper, we find the quality to be inconsistent (at best). And we can see that many companies are sourcing cheap screws overseas because many sheds are developing stains on the walls from rusty screws. We feel these unproven (and mostly inferior) imported products add unnecessary risk to your garden shed. That’s why we use stronger, rust-resistant Buildex screws and Australian BlueScope steel. These reliable products have stood the test of time in sheds all over Australia. And they are backed by solid, local warranties. You can have confidence that your Designer Sheds garden shed has Australian materials built to last in Australian conditions.
- What Happens When It Rains: Okay, so it’s just a garden shed. A little drip here and there from your standard kit shed isn’t going to hurt your mower (much). But during a heavy downpour, a small drip can quickly become a steady stream. And that means you can’t put anything in your shed that isn’t waterproof.We don’t think you should have to worry every time it rains. So we make sure your Designer Sheds garden shed is water tight. While most garden sheds don’t even come with gutters (or if they do they are usually just screwed on), your Designer Sheds garden shed comes with big, oversized gutters that are supported by robust gutter brackets to ensure water is drained efficiently even in summer storms. Also, larger 100 x 75 downpipes are included to get the water out of the gutter.
- Colours to Match: While kit garden sheds come in your standard beige and green colours, your Designer Sheds garden shed comes in a choice of 22 colours, 3 cladding profiles, 2 gutter designs, and 5 different roof pitches to complement and enhance the value of your property. Finally, a garden shed you can be proud of.
- A Better Looking, Stronger and Safer Garden Shed: Take a close look at most garden sheds and you’ll see they look cheap, flimsy and have sharp edges everywhere that will cut your hand or leg every time you forget to take care. If that’s what you want, there are hundreds of places you can buy a shed like that.But if you want something more robust. Something that looks like it belongs in your backyard. And something that is finished off neatly with angled flashing (no sharp edges) and doors that actually work, you’ll love your Designer Sheds garden shed. It looks better, stronger and safer… because it is.
- Certified By An Independent Engineer: Most garden shed designs are not certified by an engineer. And if they are, that engineer is often part of the manufacturing company and just gives every design an arbitrary ‘rubber stamp’ of approval.You can be confident your Designer Sheds garden shed has been rigorously scrutinized by an independent engineer and certified to more than meet Australian standards.
- Triple Guaranteed: For your protection and peace of mind, your Designer Sheds garden shed comes with the following triple guarantee…
- Price: We guarantee to give you an exact fixed price for the design you choose and as long as you order within 14 days you won’t pay a single dollar more to have that design manufactured and supplied to your property.
- Design: We guarantee your shed will exactly match the design you’ve approved or we’ll fix it or re-supply for free.
- Supply: We guarantee that the Bill of Materials for your shed will be 100% correct for the shed you ordered. If we miss something out of the Bill of Materials or get a component wrong, we’ll make it right straight away AND give you $500. In addition, if any component is missing from the initial delivery due to a mistake in the shipping process, we guarantee everything will be delivered as soon as possible, at our cost.
- Truly Expert Advice: As you now know, not all garden sheds are the same. And choosing the wrong shed may cause you years of frustration and regret — wishing for the garden shed you really wanted.When you contact Designer Sheds you will speak with an experienced Shedologist who will help you design the garden shed you really want. You will benefit from our experience manufacturing more than 7,249+ sheds over the past 21 years. And you will get a strong, attractive shed that lasts decades – all for around the same price as a stock-standard kit shed.
So don’t risk choosing the wrong garden shed. You don’t have to compromise with a standard kit shed that doesn’t give you the exact size or features you want.
With Designer Sheds your garden shed will be custom designed and manufactured to the millimetre, just for you… all for around the same price as a standard shed kit.
For a firm price on the exact workshop shed you want, contact a Designer Sheds Shedologist for a Free Design & Quote Session today.
Or for more helpful tips and design advice, download a copy of our Free Shed Design Guide.