Get The Equine Shed, Horse Stable, Riding Arena, Paddock Shelter or Barn You Really Want…
Custom Designed and Manufactured to the Millimetre – For Around the Same Prices as a Standard Kit Shed
Buying an equine shed or shelter is a big investment. And when you look around at all the shed companies and their catalogues, it can be confusing.
The problem is, choosing the wrong shed could leave you with a costly disaster – a shed that isn’t the right size, doesn’t have the features you want, and isn’t built tough for Australian conditions.
Until recently, if you wanted to buy an equine shed or shelter you had just two choices…
- Choose a stock-standard kit shed and try to make it work (although it’s not quite the right size and doesn’t have all the features you want)… or…
- Spend a fortune and suffer long delays getting an equine shed custom designed and manufactured (and still put up with things that aren’t quite right – like screws that leave rust stains on your shed, cladding that peels off in a storm, and gutters that overflow and leak inside your shed when it rains).
Now there’s another option. A way to get the equine shed you really want – custom made to the exact size, with all the features, and built from Aussie-tough materials for our local conditions — without the big price tag.
To get the equine shed you really want, arrange a Free Design & Quote Session today.
Or for more information get a copy of our Free Shed Design Guide
The Problem With Kit Sheds…
When we first started in the shed industry 21 years (and more than 7,249 sheds) ago, we suffered these same frustrations. Our suppliers manufactured kit sheds. And if we wanted anything changed – even a small adjustment – it would cost an arm and a leg.
We often had to buy extra ‘modules’ or ‘partial kits’ and cut them down to get the sizes our customers wanted. It was slow, fraught with mistakes, and terribly expensive. We were determined to find a better way for our customers.
What We Did About It…
We invested several years and hundreds of thousands of dollars developing a unique way to custom-design sheds and manufacture them to the millimetre – with all the features you want — for around the same price as a standard kit shed.
10 Important Things You Should Know Before You Buy an Equine Shed, Horse Stable, Riding Arena, Paddock Shelter or Barn
- You Can Choose Your Perfect Size: Traditional kit sheds are mass-produced in specific sizes. If you want to change the size – even just a little bit – the price goes up (substantially). Modifications can also cause delays. And they are fraught with mistakes (because non-standard sizes often require extra ‘modules’ to be cut to size).The entire Designer Sheds philosophy is different. We don’t tell you what you can have… we ask you what you want. And then we design and manufacture everything from scratch to perfectly match your needs.A little extra width – no problem. Add some height – easy. A partition to separate workspaces, a steeper pitch on the roof, and an awning on the side – all easily and affordably included in your design… for around the same price as a standard kit shed.
- Features Galore: Partitions, access doors, roller doors, windows, skylights, insulation, ventilation, mezzanines, awnings, partial or full sides – these can all cost a fortune from other companies. Especially if they are non-standard sizes. Yet these (and many more features) are part of our design process and can be easily incorporated into your equine shed. During your Free Design Session, an experienced Shedologist will guide you every step of the way and help you get the most from your design. For example, you may like to consider offsetting the roller door to one side to maximise wall storage and for easier access. Or you may like to raise the height of the access roller (access doors are a set size only) door or the entire shed to give a little extra clearance. While these things may not be possible with a kit shed (or they may add thousands to the price) they are easily affordable with a Designer Sheds equine shed.
- Easily Expandable: Traditional kit sheds are often built to a budget. This means manufacturing costs are cut wherever possible. And a common practice is to reduce the frame gauge at the ends and wherever internal partitions are located. This causes all sorts of challenges (and expenses) if you ever want to remove a partition or extend your equine shed in the future because you’ll also need to replace the frames at those points.Your Designer Sheds equine shed or stable comes with the same, robust frames throughout for maximum strength and easy, cost-effective expansion in the future.
- Reliable Australian Materials with Local Warranties: Have you heard the news? Cheap steel and screws from overseas are flooding the local building industry. And many shed companies are taking advantage of the savings. After being approached by international suppliers and conducting our own independent research, we are unwilling to take the risk on these products for a number of reasons including…
- Concerns About Consistency: We’ve seen the lab reports and many do not provide enough detail about the consistency of imported steel. Even a small inconsistency can cause a catastrophic failure. We prefer to use BlueScope steel and Colourbond because these are tried and proven Australia products that have been holding up sheds all around the country for decades.
- Evidence of Rust: Like us, I’m sure you’ve seen rust stains on the sides of sheds. This is usually because inferior screws have deteriorated in the weather. This not only produces ugly stains on equine sheds, it greatly reduces the strength of the screws and puts your entire shed at risk during a storm. We prefer to use rust-resistant Buildex screws – another proven product you can have confidence in.
- Lack of Local Support and Warranties: With little or no local support and warranties on imported steel, you may be left trying to negotiate with an international corporation in Asia if something goes wrong. We prefer to deal with companies that offer local support and local warranties. That way, if there’s ever a problem, we can talk to a company representative who knows and understands your local area (and speaks English).
- Supporting Australian Companies: I don’t know about you, but we like to support Australian companies when it’s appropriate. It just seems like the right thing to do.
- Not All Gutters Are the Same: If anybody understands the Dorothea Mackellar poem that says we are a country of droughts and flooding rains, I’m sure it’s you. And when it rains, you better be confident your gutters can handle all the water. If they can’t, they may overflow and cause your equine shed to leak.Your Designer Sheds equine shed, stable or barn comes with big, oversized gutters that are supported by robust gutter brackets (not merely tacked on with screws) to ensure water is drained efficiently even in heavy downpours. Also, our downpipes are 100 x 75 minimum to ensure the water can get out of the gutter as well.
- Colours to Match: You can choose the standard beige, white and green colours that traditional kit sheds come in. But with Designer Sheds you can also choose from 22 colours, 3 cladding profiles, 2 gutter designs and 5 different roof pitches to complement and enhance the value of your property. With Designer Sheds you will be proud of your equine shed, stable or barn.
- Attention to Detail for Safety and Appearance: Once upon a time people took pride in the things they built. With so many things mass-produced these days (including kit sheds) the attention to detail seems to have gone out the window. We’ve seen equine sheds, stable and barns that are simply not finished off properly. Gaps around doors, areas of exposed steel visible from the outside and sharp edges everywhere. Not only does it look ugly, it can be dangerous – to you and your animals. Your Designer Sheds equine shed has full flashing around the roller and access doors for a neat, finished appearance. And all flashing is angled towards the building so there are no sharp edges. Your Designer Sheds equine shed, stable or barn will be finished with care so it’s safe, functional, and looks amazing for decades.
- Independently Certified: It’s becoming common for shed companies to have engineers on staff who simply rubber-stamp their designs. We feel this is a dangerous practice with a serious conflict of interest. That’s why we get our designs independently certified by engineers who specialise in cyclone structures. Once they certify your design you can be sure it’s been independently scrutinised and more than meets Australian standards.
- Triple Guarantee Protection: I don’t know about you but we don’t like fine print. That’s why our guarantees are straight-forward and include…
- Price: We guarantee to give you an exact fixed price for the design you choose and as long as you order within 14 days you won’t pay a single dollar more to have that design manufactured and supplied to your property.
- Design: We guarantee your shed will exactly match the design you’ve approved or we’ll fix it or re-supply for free.
- Supply: We guarantee that the Bill of Materials for your shed will be 100% correct for the shed you ordered. If we miss something out of the Bill of Materials or get a component wrong, we’ll make it right straight away AND give you $500. In addition, if any component is missing from the initial delivery due to a mistake in the shipping process, we guarantee everything will be delivered as soon as possible, at our cost.
- Experience and Support: As you now know, not all equine sheds are the same. And choosing the wrong shed may cause you years of frustration and regret. Or worse, it may be dangerous to you and your animals.When you contact Designer Sheds you will speak with an experienced Shedologist who will help you design the equine shed you really want. You will benefit from our experience manufacturing more than 7,249+ sheds over the past 21 years. And you will get the exact shed you want – size and features — all for around the same price as a stock-standard kit shed.
So don’t risk choosing the wrong equine shed. You don’t have to compromise with a standard kit shed that may leave you disappointed. And you don’t have to waste time and money on expensive kit modifications.
With Designer Sheds your equine shed, stable, riding arena, paddock shelter or barn will be custom designed and manufactured to the millimetre, just for you… all for around the same price as a standard shed kit.
For a firm price on the exact stables, horse arena or equine you want, contact a Designer Sheds Shedologist for a Free Design & Quote Session today.
Or for more helpful tips and design advice, download a copy of our Free Shed Design Guide.